vbBKM is the original Bookmark Manager. This program runs on the Microsoft Windows platform and is written in Visual Basic 6.
The Bookmark Manager is one of the feature-richest bookmark management tools around. A short and incomplete list of features:
- Import and export from/to: Internet Explorer, Netscape and Mozilla, Opera, HTML pages
- Check bookmarks for dead links
- Check for duplicates
- Fast even when managing hundreds or thousands of bookmarks
- Manage bookmarks in independent databases
- Open bookmarks files directly from an FTP server
- Available in three languages: English, German and French
Where to go?
The development of BKM started in autumn 1999. It was later released to the general public by Patrice Neff. Version 2.6 became popular in the German speaking part of the world. The original maintainer, Patrice Neff, then lost interest in the project. Mainly, because he switched to Linux for personal use. In order to prevent the project from a complete death, he changed the license to the GPL and published the source code. This allows everyone with the required knowledge to work on the project. In late 2003, Daniel Remenak got interested in the project and brought it back to live.